Facelift for Men
Reshaping the lower one-third of the face
Facelift for men is a fantastic surgical procedure to reduce the visible signs of aging for good.
Men suffer from the same natural ageing process as women and this procedure will give you a more youthful and fresh appearance by visibly lifting sagging, loose skin and smoothing and reducing wrinkles.
A Face Lift is a surgical procedure to reshape the lower one-third of the face by removing excess facial skin.
It can also tighten the underlying tissue and, combined with other additional procedures, can remove wrinkles from the forehead, cheeks, brows and eyes.
Other procedures which men combine with Facelifts are Neck Lift, Eye Lift (blepharoplasty) or nose surgery (Rhinoplasty).
What are the benefits of a facelift for men?
- A facelift lifts the sunken appearance of your face that may be caused from ageing and lifestyle factors including sun exposure, smoking, weight loss and stress.
- A facelift will also restore definition to your face, jaw and neckline and smooth out deep lines.
- After a facelift, our patients tend to feel more self-confident and feel better about the way they look.
What Happens Before Men’s Facelift ?
Before your surgery, you will be assigned your own personal patient coordinator who will be your point of contact throughout your journey with Zenith.
You will meet with your [BAAPS/BAPRAS ] registered surgeon and discuss at length the results you would like to achieve
Your surgeon and Patient Coordinator will explain the risks and complications that can arise from having a facelift and it is important that you ask as many questions as possible to make sure you are fully informed.
- The consultation will also include a full assessment of your face, your lifestyle and your expectations.
- You have the option to have a 3D Virtual scan, at no extra cost, to see how your face would look after the procedure.
- Once you are happy with all the information that you have been provided with, we can then begin to plan your procedure.
- There will then be a second, and in some cases a third, consultation with the surgeon at which point any further concerns will be dealt with. There is no extra cost for these consultations.
- You will need to attend a pre-operative assessment between 2-5 weeks prior to your surgery. This is where you will come and meet either our senior nurse or doctor and they will go through your medical history, take your measurements – (height, weight, BMI), and perform a blood and MRSA test to ensure you are fit for surgery.
- It is also important that you stop smoking at least 4-weeks before your surgery, and continue without smoking for 4 weeks afterwards.
What Happens During A Facelift?
There are two types of facelift – a Mini Face Lift and full Face Lift. Both are performed under general anaesthetic, meaning you are put to sleep for the procedure and will feel nothing.
Full Face Lift For Men
A full Face Lift usually involves incisions made around the edges of the lower half of the face. These incisions generally run from just above the ears, down in front of the ears (where they are hidden in natural skin folds there) and then up and behind the ears. The skin on the middle and lower face is loosened and moved, then excess skin is removed. Sometimes, the Surgeon also moves and adjusts fat and muscle under the skin of the face.
A full Face Lift can also correct wrinkles and loose skin from the cheeks, side of the face, the lower face and jaw line.
Mini Face Lift For Men
MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) Facelift is a mini version of a standard facelift and will tighten loose skin around the jawline and lift the lower face. This procedure is less invasive and uses shorter scars that often stop at your ear such that there is minimal scarring. This procedure is normally advised to those patients who are beginning to show signs of ageing around the lower part of the face and are keen to address the ageing process early.
Your Surgeon will discuss with you what you would like to achieve from your facelift, your lifestyle, budget and payment options to determine which procedure would be suitable for you.
Male Facelift Aftercare
You will need approximately 14 days off work (depending on the type of work you do) as you will need to wear a garment night and day for the first 2 – weeks.
We also advise no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 6 – weeks after your operation.
You will be booked in for a review periodically, usually at 7 days, 14 days and 6 weeks post-operation, then for follow-up appointments at 3 – months, 6 – months and 12 – months with your surgeon to monitor healing.
Why Choose Zenith for Men’s Facelift Surgery?
- Theatre on site – no need to travel elsewhere
- Overnight stay available, if appropriate
- Surgeons are Consultant level and are fully registered with BAAPS AND BAPRAS
- 3D Scanning to allow you to see what results you can expect
- All consultations and reviews are included in the price
- All Consultants are UK trained
- 24/7 clinical Aftercare
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- 99% patient satisfaction rates
- 0% and other Finance options available
Can men have a Facelift as well?
Yes, men treating their lines and wrinkles is becoming increasingly popular with more opting for face lift surgeries to stay looking younger. At Zenith we offer a wide range of treatments available to both males and females.
Who are Facelifts suitable for?
The Face Lift surgery is suitable for anyone that has one or more of the following:
- Jowls or loss of a well-defined jawline
- Deep wrinkles in the cheeks and sagging around the cheekbones
- Significant sagging of muscles
- Loose skin, wrinkles, vertical ‘cords’ or excess fatty tissue in the neck
Side effects and risks of a Facelift for Men
Most patients have a moderate amount of pain and discomfort following their procedure which is completely normal following surgery and to be expected, so you will be administered with pain relief to take at home to ensure your recovery is as comfortable as can be.
You may also experience:
There are also general risks and side effects associated with Anaesthesia – your surgeon will give you all the information before your surgery date so that you can feel prepared and comfortable on the day.
How long is the recovery after a facelift surgery?
You can normally return to work after 14 days. Light walks and other gentle activity will be fine during this period. Continue to wear support garments at night. After 4 weeks visible swelling should subside, you can remove any garments and restart exercise. Between 6-9 months scars will often begin to fade.
Can I go home on the same day?
Yes, in the vast majority of cases the procedure can be done as a day case, however each individual person has to be assessed and a decision is then made as to whether overnight stay is required. Occasionally we would advise an overnight stay but you will be informed of this at the time of consultation.
Does the Facelift procedure hurt?
Not at all, the procedure itself is performed under a General Anaesthetic so there is absolutely no pain.
How much does the Face Lift surgery cost?
Prices for the mini facelift starts from £4500. Exact pricing will be given to you at your consultation, after thorough assessment.
Making treatments affordable
0% Finance Available
Patients are often concerned about affordability of a treatment. To help alleviate this concern we provide flexible payment plans to suit your budget.
We can offer six months 0% interest option for any procedure over the value of £2500. Interest bearing options are also available if you wish to spread your payments over a longer period of up to 5 years. Please contact our team on 0115 959 6999 for further details or click the link below.
Finance your treatment
Facelift for Men Treatment Costs
Surgical Treatment Coordinator
Facelift for Men Treatment overview
At a glance
3-6 hours per treatment
A clinic for you by Zenith
Cosmetic dentistry at its finest
We have a fantastic Dentistry team led by industry professional Professor Paul Tipton. Professor Tipton and his associates work on some of the most intricate cosmetic dentistry cases at our Nottingham Clinic.
Visit our Dentistry site