Sleep apnea is a condition where you’re breathing repeatedly stops and starts whilst asleep. The most common type of sleep apnea is called obstructive sleep apnea.
There are a variety of different causes of sleep apnoea. This occurs when your airway becomes too narrow when you sleep, which causes you to stop breathing properly.
- Smoking or excessive drinking
- Sleeping on your back
- Having large tonsils
- Genetics- May run in your family
Types of condition- go into more detail
Obstructive Sleep Apnea – Obstructive Sleep Apnea is caused by a blockage of the airway.
Central Sleep Apnea– The other type of Sleep Apnea is Central Sleep Apnea. This is where the airway is not blocked but the brain fails to send the muscles to breathe. This is due to instability in the respiratory control centre.
For those with breathing and sleep impairment issues such as Sleep Apnea, Septoplasty can offer a great deal of benefit.
Septoplasty can support improved breathing by straightening a deviated septum. This can alleviate certain Sleep Apnea symptoms.
Why choose Zenith Cosmetic Clinics for Sleep Apnea Treatment?
- All consultations and reviews are included in the price
- All consultants are UK trained
- Rated as outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in providing care to our patients in a safe and effective manner.
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Full member of the British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM)
How do I know if I have sleep apnea?
It is hard to know yourself if you have sleep apnea because it’s when you’re asleep. If you want to know you may need to have someone else help you so they can check the symptoms.
- Loud snoring
- Gasping/choking noises when asleep
- Waking up repeatedly
- Find it hard to concentrate in the day
- Headaches- especially in the morning