Ear Keloid Removal
What are Ear Keloids?
Keloids form when scar tissue builds up after a skin puncture or wound.
Not much is known about what causes Ear Keloids except that they are very difficult to remove and are best tackled early in a specialist centre as otherwise the recurrence rate is very high.
Although Ear Keloids are not harmful, many of our patients opt to get them removed. Due to affecting a prominent position on the face, they can cause feelings of self-consciousness and low confidence. In addition the throbbing discomfort, tenderness and constant itching can be problematic day to day.
If left untreated, Ear Keloids will either remain at one size or grow over time, they never go by themselves.
How is Ear Keloid removal carried out?
At Zenith, Ear Keloid removal is carried out by our highly experienced Senior Doctor, Dr Maini. Dr Maini has consistently delivered life-changing results through his Laser-based Ear Keloid Removal technique.
When treating Ear Keloids, Dr Maini will first numb the area with anaesthetic solution. The Ear Keloid is then gently removed using a laser, which evaporates the scar tissue.
Why Choose Zenith Cosmetic Clinics for Ear Keloid Removal?
- All consultations and reviews are included in the price
- All consultants are UK trained
- All doctors are registered with GMC
- Dr Maini will be contactable 24/7 via WhatsApp following the treatment and will keep in contact regularly to monitor your progress.
- Rated as outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in providing care to our patients in a safe and effective manner.
- 99% patient satisfaction rates
- 0% and other finance options available
Who normally gets Ear Keloids?
The condition is more common in individuals with ear piercings. They also occur more in darker skin types but are common in all cultures.
Is the ear keloid removal procedure painful?
The anaesthetic solution may sting slightly for 3 seconds. Otherwise, the procedure is virtually painless.
What is the recovery process like?
- Dr Maini will monitor you every day following ear keloid removal treatment until healed.
- We will see you every month for follow up therapy as required until the lesion has healed.
- There will be little to no scarring after the treatment.
Redeemable on your treatment
Non-Surgical Treatment Coordinator
subject to a consultation
At a glance
1-2 hours per treatment per treatment
A clinic for you by Zenith
Cosmetic dentistry at its finest
We have a fantastic Dentistry team led by industry professional Professor Paul Tipton. Professor Tipton and his associates work on some of the most intricate cosmetic dentistry cases at our Nottingham Clinic.
Visit our Dentistry site