We Have A Range of Treatments for Active Acne and Acne Scars
The procedure we use to treat you will depend on the severity of your acne/scars, and which treatments our doctors and surgeons believe will get you the best results. In your consultation, we will have an examination of your skin and talk you through the available options so that we can work together to come up with a plan bespoke to you and your skin. See our range of treatments for acne and acne scars below.
Active Acne Treatments
Dermalux For Acne
Dermalux is an award-winning LED light therapy treatment which is generally used in combination our other acne treatments. The use of light helps to speed up the skin’s natural process of rejuvenation and repair, making it excellent for acne as well as spot-prone skin. Not only does this acne treatment require no downtime, but it’s also a fully pain-free treatment, perfect for sensitive, acne-prone skin.View service
Fractora Laser For Acne
Fractora radiofrequency laser is a revolutionary treatment to improve the look of acne-prone skin with minimal downtime. This acne treatment has been designed to damage the base layer of your skin to encourage it to repair itself and produce new collagen. Not only does this treatment help to improve the appearance of acne scars, but also help patients suffering from mild to moderate acne.View service
Acne Scar Treatments
Micro-Dermabrasion For Acne
A chemic and laser free skin rejuvenation treatment utilising medical grade crystals to treat both active acne and mild acne scarring. This acne treatment helps to unclog your pores by removing dead skin cells and reducing pore oil levels to clear up your acne. This can be combined with other treatments to speed up the clearing of acne.View service
Chemical Peels For Acne
Chemical Peels are used to take off the top layer of skin, both rejuvenating and producing new skin. The peels that we use are much stronger and more effective than those you could access yourself, helping to successfully unclog pores, and improve skin texture by producing new skin production. Not only does this acne treatment help to treat acne scars, but also hyperpigmentation.View service
Dermaroller For Acne
The Dermarolling treatment is a method of microneedling which is effective in improving the appearance of mild to moderate acne scarring. This acne treatment works by damaging the skin through minor punctures, and then in the healing process, the skin produces more collagen. The production of collaging helps to smooth out the appearance of the skin and improve the look and feel of acne scars.View service
Fillers For Acne
You may not be aware, but filler can be used to help improve the appearance of acne scars. We use fillers to fill in craters left by acne, leaving an overall more smooth appearance on the skin. Whilst this is a highly effective treatment to improve the appearance of acne scarring, it is not a treatment for active acne and as the effects are only temporary, a top of fillers will be required.View service
PRP Therapy For Acne
Otherwise known as the vampire facial, this non-invasive procedure makes use of the patient’s own blood mixed with a product to promote collagen growth underneath the skin. The result? A brighter, smooth and more rejuvenated appearance which improves the look of acne scars on the face.View service
It is quite likely that we will recommend a course of treatment to first address any active acne, and then improve the appearance of any scars that are left behind. It is worth bearing in mind that unfortunately nothing will get rid of your scars completely - the aim is to improve the look of the scar to make you feel more confident. Why not book your consultation today?
Book Your Consultation
Did you know that you can book your consultation in either of our cosmetic clinics in Nottingham or London? We’re dedicated to providing a high quality, personal and convenient service for each and every one of our patients, making it as easy as possible for you to gain access to our highly skilled practitioners. So why not get started on your journey today? Book in at our Nottingham or London clinic today, we can’t wait to see you soon.Book your consultation here
Frequently asked questions
Can you treat my back acne?
Yes, we have various treatments suitable for acne across the back, body and face. Arrange your consultation so that we can advise the best acne treatment for you.
What treatment is best for male acne in my 20s?
This depends on how mild or severe your acne is, and the nature of your skin. We’d need to assess your acne during a consultation, then we can choose the best solution for you.
What is the best acne treatment for sensitive skin?
This really depends, many of our acne treatments are suitable for sensitive skin. It will also depend on whether we are treating active acne or acne scars.
Does a chemical peel work for acne scars on dark skin?
Yes, darker skin tones can still have chemical peels, there are just a few more precautions to take. We can talk you through everything that you need to know during your consultation.
Will my acne scars ever go away?
We’re committed to finding a solution to treating your acne scars. Some acne scars, such as ice pick scars can be more difficult to treat. However, have confidence that we will produce the best treatment plan for you.
Do Acne treatments exist for men?
According to research, acne is more popular in men than women. This is because men have more hormones that stimulate their oil production glands; where acne starts. Luckily, there is a multitude of acne treatments available that are highly effective in men, chemical peels aren’t just for women! Get in touch with Zenith Cosmetic Clinics to see how we can help to treat your acne, or acne scars today.
Is all acne treatable?
Whilst acne can’t be cured, it can nearly always been controlled and treated through the correct acne treatments. We can help patients with all types of severity of acne.
What spots are caused by acne?
There are 6 main types of spot that are caused as a result of acne:
1) BLACKHEADS - Appear as small black or yellow bumps on the skin. Their colouring is not due to dirt and grime, but instead is black as a result of the hair follicle producing pigmentation.
2) WHITEHEADS - Generally much firmer to touch than blackheads, but will fail to empty when squeezed. They come as a result of dead skin cells, oil or other types of bacteria becoming trapped within your pores.
3) PAPULES - Appear as small red bumps, and are hard to the touch. When you have a cluster of papules together, the skin can feel very rough on the surface.
4) PUSTULES - Generally makes the skin bulge out, and are a spot full of pus. They are quite similar to papules, with a white tip in the centre (due to pus build-up).
5) NODULES - These painful, hard bumps form beneath the surface of the skin.
6) CYSTS – Are most severe spot type that is caused by acne, appearing as pus-filled lumps, and are similar in appearance to boils.
What are the types of acne scars?
1) BOXCAR SCARS - like a cube has been cut out of the skin, and are a very common result of the acne healing process. They usually occur on the temple, jaw and cheeks, where the skin is thicker. They can be either surface or deep, and are similar to chickenpox scars.
2) ROLLING SCARS - give the skin a wave-like appearance, and can make the skin look a little uneven.
3) HYPERTROPHIC SCARS - Thickened, raised scars or Keloid scars (woody, pink shiny scar) that grow above the surface of the skin. These types of scars often appear on the torso and are extremely common in men who have suffered from acne.
4) ICE PICK SCARS - Deep holes, that are a common form of scarring but are the most difficult to treat. These scars extend deep into the dermis, some ice pick scars can even look like large open pores.