What is the Ultraformer III (HIFU)?
The Ultraformer III uses HIFU technology (short for High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) to provide a quick and effective treatment to treat some of the signs of aging and restore youthful looking skin.
The device targets much deeper layers of the skin than many other procedures (called the SMAS layers) which results in new collagen being built, which in turn reduces wrinkles and improves sagging skin.
What is Ultraformer III HIFU used for?
The Ultraformer III HIFU treatment is used to tighten, lift and contour the face and body, and for most people this results in no side effects, no downtime and no scarring.
The treatment is sometimes compared to capturing sunlight and reflecting it through a magnifying glass to deliver a beam - it delivers ultrasound energy into a targetted region of the skin to stimulate and formulate collagen regeneration. The precision delivery of a high density of power allows your clinician to target exactly where you'd like to improve and you will see immediate results.
Who is the HIFU treatment suitable for?
Ideal patients may have:
- Skin with soft tissue laxity, where the skin begins to feel and look less firm
- A lowered brow line, sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Crepey and wrinkled skin throughout the face and inner arm, décolleté, abdomen, inner thighs, knees, etc.
The ULTRAFORMER III HIFU is not suitable for anyone that is/has:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Open wounds or lesions on the treatment area
- Severe or cystic acne on the treatment area
- Metal stents/electrical implants in the treatment area
- Bio-absorbable mechanical implants
- Skin infections of any type
- Hemorrhagic disorders or dysfunctions
Please tell us if you have any of the following so we can assess your suitability for the procedure:
- Anticoagulant therapy
- Skin conditions caused by autoimmune diseases, skin cancer, and Herpes Simplex
- Diabetes or epilepsy
- Severe skin diseases
- Decortication or heart disease
- Hypersensitiveness or hypertrophic scars
- Hemostatic dysfunctions
What happens during the procedure?
At your consultation, we will take a full medical history and assess your suitability for the treatment. We will then coordinate a custom treatment plan with you, based on your concerns and what you would like to achieve from the treatment.
During the treatment, we will:
1. Clean the area to be treated with a soft cleanser.
2. Outline target areas
3. Conduct a test shot to determine your pain toleration.
Your treatment will then commence. This involves moving the handpiece over the area and delivering pulses of energy to achieve the desired effect.
Your treatment may be slightly uncomfortable but should not be painful and any discomfort should quickly subside immediately after treatment.
What are the side effects or risks?
Patients receiving the ULTRAFORMER III HIFU may experience the following side effects - all of which are normal responses to the treatment and are mild and temporary:
- Edema (swelling)
- Erythema (redness)
What results can I typically expect from Ultraformer III HIFU?
Results from Ultraformer III HIFU are immediate and you should notice a difference straight away. You will then see continuous improvement up to 90 days post-treatment, which will be maintained from several months to a year after your treatment.
Please view the gallery of Before & After pictures on the right hand side of this page to see what sorts of results are achievable with this treatment.
Before your procedure
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Remove any makeup if applicable
Aftercare for Ultraformer III HIFU
- No downtime necessary
- You may apply makeup following treatment
- The treated area may be slightly red/pink but this will go within a couple of hours.
Still not sure?
Book a free consultation for more information.
*we will take a £30 deposit for the consultation which is redeemable against the cost of the treatment.