What are lip fillers?
Lip fillers/lip injections are generally used to add extra volume, plumpness or to enlarge the lips which may be lacking in shape or elasticity. As you age, your lips can become thinner and less defined - lip fillers are a fantastic way to counteract this and make you look younger. If you are unsure about making the commitment to lip augmentation we also offer temporary lip fillers that last for 1-2 hours - ideal to see whether or not this procedure is for you and to assess the results you will be able to achieve. See some of our lip fillers before and after shots above and below on this page.
What is the procedure used for?
Lip fillers can be used for a variety of reasons:
- Smokers Lines; improve the appearance of smoker's lines or creases.
- Downward Smile; help improve drooping mouth corners.
- Thin Lips; reverse ageing or simply add volume to the lips.
- Mouth Length; help lengthen small mouths, filling out lips.
- Vertical Lines; treat lines that extend from the lip border or that extend downward from the corners.
For minor to moderate lines and wrinkles we recommend using dermal fillers, this effective treatment can be used on the eyes, nose and mouth.
How long do lip fillers last?
Lip fillers deliver instant results that can improve over 2 - 3 weeks and can last between 3 and 12 months. The amount of solution required depends entirely on the patient, our expert surgeons will provide you with a consultation to determine the best approach to help you achieve your desired results.
What happens during the procedure?
At Zenith Cosmetic Clinics, we use temporary, safe dermal fillers such as Juvéderm as lip fillers. These lip injections are made from hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occuring substance in the body.
The filler is gently injected into your lips with you checking them every minute or two to make sure you're happy. You are always in control of how much filler is being injected.
After treatment your lips may feel tender for the first couple of days, and you may have the sensation that there is something in your lips.
Lip filler side effects and risks
- Discomfort and swelling with the newer creams and fillers such as Juvederm Ultra is minimal. Bruising is uncommon. Less than one in 20 patients get any significant bruising.
- An important thing to remember is that in the unlikely event that you don't like the finished result, the filler can be dissolved in a few hours.
What results can I typically expect?
We use minimal amounts of filler at a time, and check with you at each stage to see what you think. We want you to be happy with your new lips!
Lip fillers are temporary, and the length of time your plumpness will last can vary quite substantially. Some lip fillers can last up to 12 months, whereas others last no more than 3-6 months. The effects improve with every treatment, and your doctor or nurse will advise which filler is most suitable for you.
Factors such as age and smoking have a profound effect on the life of your lip filler.
We have delivered thousands of lip filler treatments since opening in 2004, here are just a couple of examples of the results you can expect:
How much are lip fillers?
Our professional lip filler prices start at £299 in Nottingham and London, however, from time to time we have a number of offers available.
As mentioned above, the results are temporary so we recommend booking a course of fillers to ensure you can maintain the results you desire over time.
Before your procedure
A small amount of cream is put onto your lips to make them numb. This takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
Lip fillers Aftercare
- You should not wear makeup on your lips for at least 12 hours after treatment.
- Avoid extreme warm environments, such as saunas or sunbeds, for up to two weeks after your treatment.
Still unsure? We can help
We offer a temporary lip filler - also known as 'Cinderella Lips', which will give you a really good idea of what your lips might look like with more permanent lip fillers. The temporary filler is made of saline and will give you the effect of lip filler for around 1 hour. The cost is £50, which is redeemable against the price of lip fillers if you go ahead with the treatment within 2 weeks.